Teaching


"People never learn anything by being told, they have to find out for themselves" ~ Paulo Coelho

Mabuhay......


In Philippines, their curriculum quite different. Actually in their lesson plan, they have two styles of lesson plan, they are semi detailed and detailed lesson plan. For the detailed lesson plan, they have to put everything that will they say in the class including the answer of the students, but for the semi detailed, they just always reply what that already they made before. And also they make the lesson plan based on their syllabus. 

you can see in here for my lesson plan

In the beginning I will ask the students to lead the class prayer. Then, the teacher will check the students’ attendance. Next,  will show some pictures that is related with the topic and the students will discuss the pictures and  it should be the connected to the topic and than will utilize power point  presentation and will communicate lesson objectives to the students in a conversational manner. 

For my  Lesson Proper, i have three tasks:
1.      Task #1
I will divide the students into two groups and give them an example of short dialogue. Each groups will choose one of their friend s who will be the leader of the groups. The leader of each group will perform the dialogue and then their members will identify the conversation on the dialogue.
A: why you come late ?
B: there is a traffic jam
A: how come ?
B: arrrggghhh… it’s raining cats and dogs
A: really ?
B: yess…
           


After the students explain their observation of the dialogue, I will explain the topic.

Figurative Meaning
is a meaning that is not literal; the meaning used is not the meaning of the word or phrase itself, but a different meaning implied by it. This meaning is dependent on culture and history. This is the “indirect” meaning.
The “figurative” meaning is also the idiomatic meaning. Therefore, an idiom expresses the figurative meaning of a word or phrase.
Realism
Realism is a movement in film, art, drama and literature that strives for an objective and accurate representation of life. The word verisimilitude, perhaps, best captures the objectives of the Realists.
2.      Task #2
I  will ask the students to read the story first. After they read the story, the groups will identify the figurative meaning in the story.

A VISION OUT OF THE CORNER OF ONE EYE
Luisa Valenzuela

It’s true, he put his hand on my ass and I was about to scream bloody murder when the bus passed by a church and he crossed himself. He’s a good sort after all, I said to myself. Maybe he didn’t do it on purpose or maybe his right hand didn’t know what his left hand was up to. I tried to move farther back in the bus--searching for explanations is one thing and letting yourself be pawed is another--but more passengers got on and there was no way I could do it. My wiggling to get out of his reach only let him get a better hold on me and even fondle me. I was nervous and finally moved over. He moved over, too. We passed by another church but he didn’t notice it and when he raised his hand on his face it was to wipe the sweat off his forehead. I watched him out of a corner of one eye, pretending that nothing was happening, or at any rate not making him think I liked it. It was impossible to move any farther and he started jiggling me. I decided to get even and put my hand on his behind. A few blocks later I got separated from him by a bunch of people. Then I was swept along by the passengers getting off the bus and now I’m sorry I lost him so suddenly because there was only 7,400 pesos in his wallet and I’d have gotten more out of him if we’d been alone. He seemed affectionate. And very generous.
3.      Task #3
I will performance their result infront of the class. The one who brave to raise their hands will get a reward.

for my evaluation, I will ask the groups to make a sentence of figurative meaning about the teacher
and then the assistant of the teacher will be the leader of each groups.
         
            Some of the students, they are so quite. i have to make many activities to make them still focus on me and also undestand with the matery. so, everytime i give expalanition, i also give them example best from the reality. 
           To manage my time and also to class management, my mentor told me that I have to make them focus on me by giving them more activities that thay will be like, such as singing, show them a video, playing games, still paying attention to the students, and use the unique media to make the students become excited to know what is the next of the activities.

to make me ,ore easy to give them score, I make a Rubric Score
Predicate
Value of Competence
Knowledge
Skills
Attitude
A
4
4
VG
A-
3.66
3.66
B+
3.33
3.33
G
B
3
3
B-
2.66
2.66
C+
2.33
2.33
NB
C
2
2
C-
1.66
1.66
D+
1.33
1.33
B
D-
1
1
Knowledge
-          Technique: Test reading, analysis, and Identify
-          Form: Oral and performance questions
-          Instrument: Attached (based on the evaluation)
Note: VG : Very Good
           G   : Good
           NB: Not Bad
            B  : Bad


For the first time that I have to teach in front of the class, i was nervous, I could not control my breath. I looked around the class and tried to control my feeling. to minimize my nervous, i walked around the class and accost my students and make good relationship between teacher and studentsand when the students didn't focus with me, sudenly i would ask them to gave me conclution of the topic so the other students will be more focus to me 😆😆😆


The activities during the teaching process



   
   



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Summary and Suggestion

RECOUNT TEXT

Closing Ceremony